We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

Which Caracas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bham uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

i am a lone female arriving late jan at about 9pm to caracas airport, for about 3 nights where should i stay thats cheaply priced, and safe ,i am starting to worry a bit as all the places look very expensive or not good.,also should i use an airport taxi?

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

It depends what you are willing to spend, although if you get a good price for your dollars then the hotel will be more affordable.

The more expensive hotels tend to be in the Altamira, Las Mercedes, La Castellana area. Near these you have shopping malls, plazas, bars, restaurants, etc and it is fine to walk around by day. I would suggest travelling in official taxis only if you wish to go out at night. The San Ignacio mall is your best bet at night - there are shops, cinema, bars and clubs.

If you are looking for budget options try around Sabana Grande and near to the University, although don't go walking in this area at night. By day you have the El Recreo shopping mall and Boulevard that can be explored, or take the metro to the Altamira area or west to the historic downtown area, although that area is best to go with someone that knows the area or with a good map.

Edited: 10:53 am, December 18, 2010
Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

If you take a taxi, ignore anyone that offers you this service in the arrivals hall.

Go to the official taxi stand outside, they are black 4x4's and the dispatcher will sort one for you. If you have any queries with this, go to the airport information counter.

Alternatively, once you have booked your accommodation, you could ask the hotel for a contact of a reputable firm to come and pick you up.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

Do as Dillisw says. Anyway, there are some "budget" options in Caracas, but they are rare gems. Look here in tripadvisor for places listed in Caracas as B&B (not hotels). There's a two there that I know, and they are perfect for what you need. They take care of their guests. Caracas is a very intresting, fun and safe city when you know where to go and what to do, and that can only come from reading like crazy, or staying with knowledgeable people that care..

bham uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

thank you for your replies, i have booked with one of the b&b's mentioned and it sounds great and very helpful

5. Re: where to stay, lone female arriving 9pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, June 29, 2011