We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice on Caracas?

sao paulo, brazil
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Any advice on Caracas?

I'm meeting my husband in Caracas for a long weekend and would like advice for traveling alone. Also the new currency - any thoughts on that? Thamks!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
46 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Any advice on Caracas?

Dear Nelven

Greetings from Malaysia.

I will be travelling to Caracas on May 11, 2011. I would like to have a copy of your guide sheet regarding Caracas. I am sure this will be of great help to me being my 1st time.

My email is chuabanhoo@gmail.com

thanks..cheers

Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Any advice on Caracas?

To those real travellers, all I can do is apologize for posters like christian091.

Not sure what their angle is (vested interest??) but "blaming the tourist" is not that helpful. Be careful, question what you are being told, and make your decision.

Unfortunately, some real posts get deleted for various reasons. Check this site and others to get an overall perspective. Then YOU decide.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Any advice on Caracas?

flyer 9999's posts have been removed,and he has recieved a lot of negative replies due to his over the top warnings of telling people to " do not go to caracas"

-this was in fact all because he was "almost" attacked.

-unfortunately,it was his fault,due to ignorance of the common sense facts that south american cities have their risks,and certain precautions should be taken.especially since this was flyers first time there!!!

-rather than take a taxi,or go out with someone who knows the place,he went out ALONE,and at 9PM...

-and rather than see his errors(he wasn't even attacked!!)-he is now going about preaching to travellers not to go to caracas,etc

-FLYER,you should be advising travellers to ;not make YOUR mistakes.

-i make no apologies for the embarresment that flyer is bringing to himself.as another poster commented on another thread,"flyer,you are becoming a real bore!!"

-even the caracas destination experts are tiring of your tirade of fear spreading,flyer!!!

-like others have said,isn't it time to move on ,flyer???

Edited: 1:52 am, April 30, 2011
24. Re: Any advice on Caracas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Caracas