We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

Which Caracas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

Does anybody know how do I get from Caracas to Margarita Island? What are my options aside from flying?

hartford ct
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

They have regular 45 minute shuttles from Caracas to Margarita -- there is also a ferry. If your spanish is good you can check the website. If you need it I can find it again and forward it to you.

New York, NY
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

Can you please forward me any info you received on transportation from Caracas to Maragrita. Just starting to do some research for my Feb. trip and it would be most helpful. Thanks!

HONG KONG
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

Hi LMK_NYC,

I am planning to be there too in February. I'm coming from Hong Kong. I'll be alone, I wouldn't mind a travelling companion(s) if you have an schedule of stops. Planning to go to Merida fro mountainbiking and maybe Angel Falls, besides Trinidad and Tobago. Got about 12 days there to see it all. please feel free to get back to me.

NY, NY
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

I think Feb is da month for Caracas and Margarita Island...Im traveling with 3 friends out there as well...gonna be there for 11 dayz...I hope da chikas there are hot and wild, lol

UK
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

I used Aeropostal airlines (i think) when i was going from Margarita Island to Caracas. Didn't care for the pilots flying much but it was alot better than the coach and ferry i used to get to Margarita. Only took 45 minutes aswell. You can pre-book using their website or you could just wing it. If you walk straight out of the front door from the international arrivals, turn left and walk for about 10 minutes and you will arrive at the domestic terminal.

Here is their site..

http://www.aeropostal.com/aero2004/home.asp

If you don't speak/read spanish then can always run it through Babelfish at altavista.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Hope that helps..

Cheers, RJ

Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from Caracas to Margarita Island

well from CCS to Margarita ( I think you mean Isla Margarita) you can take the bus to Puerto La Cruz, which takes 5 1/2 hours and costs like 15 US $. And then the ferry.

well that is the way I will go there, first it is cheaper and the other thing is that I alway enjoyed such bus rides, as I met interesting people there.