We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Roques accomodation

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Los Roques accomodation

I'm considering travelling to Los Roques in early October (just myself). I'm blown away by the prices I'm finding online for rooms. Are there hotels, pensions,or rooms available in the U.S. $30-60/night range?

I'm totally ok with finding something on my own (not booked via the internet) once I'm there....if that's realistic.

I'm just looking for something safe and clean.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Roques accomodation

OK, in early October, weekday, you MIGHT be able to book something as a walk-in, but there is nothing in the range you say for a whole room, except ONE that I know which charges around $30-40 for a single-bed room (for one person). All others cheap ones charge from $40 on up per person but minimum 2 per room (so you pay $80 or more). Prices in Los Roques are ALWAYS calculated per person for double to quadrupal occupancy. Send me a PM and I'll tell you the name, because if I post it here, others will jump at it, because it's probably the only cheap single-person room in all Los Roques. Oh, and to get that info, it cost me a whole day of walking visiting most of the posadas on the island, so I want to share it selectively (I have a brother that lives in LA ;)

Edited: 9:38 pm, August 27, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Roques accomodation

Hi,

Me and a few friends got a trip to Venezuela coming up over this Xmas, NY and into 2013. We have everything planned except from the last week, which we were hoping to spend in Los Roques - we are between many options and was hoping to do it on not a too massive budget (though we understand it will be quite pricey regardless - The other option was Margarita, but seems like Los Roques is worth the extra cost??). You come across as a very knowledgeable person in the area and so I was hoping for the chance to ask you for some advice.

We would be coming from Puerto Ordaz on the 6th of Jan and wanted to go straight to Los Roques (though as I understand it we have to go through Caracas for internal flights?). Is it a strong case for booking everything in advance, i.e. is this a busy season for the island?? It would be four of us travelling there, but then we have different timings for coming back, so 2 of us are staying until the 13th, one until the 10th and one leaves already on the 8th. Would you recommend to try to book with a travel agent as a package thing, or is it possible to 'pick and mix' and book flights and accommodation separately?? A lot of the places seem to be full-board - would this be to recommend or how possible is it to organise food on the island yourself??

Would be hugely grateful for advice! If you have contacts you trust we would be keen to book through them if that helps in any way.

Cheers! L

3. Re: Los Roques accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Los Roques National...