We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchange - Euro

dublin
Level Contributor
62 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Money Exchange - Euro

Hi, we're leaving on the 5 of Jan to El Yaque for our kitesurfing hols. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Euro exchange situation over there. Is it possible to exchange Euro (with a good rate!) or is it better to use American Dollars? We are not sure what to do. Last year going to Cabarete (Dom. Rep) we bought amercian dollars and that was a big mistake, as euro was very desirable in all money exchange points and had much better rate. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

coche island
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Exchange - Euro

Kite tour guide, use cambios cussco an exchange booth in the lobby of hotel california in el yaque, they also do travelers but everything at official rate 2145 per/$, euro you get more but not sure now. let's meet up come to coche ask for alex at the beach bar maybe I can help.

Paris, France
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Exchange - Euro

there is a black market rate in Venezuela, where you save almost 40% by changing with black market rate, so bring cash !!!!!!!!!!

In El Yaque, shops change Euros as well as US Dollars.

US Dollars are easier to change with black market rate but small shops in EL Yaque also accept Euros.

So my advice would be to have both.

Lolo (Paris, France)...I was there 2 years ago

Get answers to your questions about Porlamar