We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Village Porlamar

Marathon. Ontario...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
International Village Porlamar

I was wondering if anyone has been to the International Village in Porlamar Margarita Islands. I am interested in the hotel, food and if the resort is clean and friendly. Any help you could give will be appreciated. Thanks. Keep smiling Trudy

Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: International Village Porlamar

hello! myself and a group of friends are staying there aswell, during the week from march 9th to 16th, if u find any information on it please let me know and ill let you kno if i find any, they do have a website www.margaritainternational.com

-laura

Marathon. Ontario...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Village Porlamar

Hi LauraThanks so much i have checked it out but not a lot of information. I am going in April so you will be back by then and hopfully can give me a few pointers. Have fun if i don't hear from you till then any information is appreciated. Trudy

Sanford, Fl.
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: International Village Porlamar

Hi,

We stayed in the Maragrita Village a few times already ...the prices are good ...last time I went it was about $35.00 per night about 70,000 bs. their money ...but it may have been low season therefore the lower prices. They have service to clean up your room for you. Ours was a double occupancy queen bed room with a small fridge and sink and table with chairs. TV with the basic channels and 2 bathroom. It was pretty clean and they have music around the pool and at night it can get very lively. They also have a video game room and huge TV in there with tables with a game on usually for the sports fanatic. They lanscape is beautiful and clean and your right across the street from one of their main supermarkets CM which has everything and is a very large supermarket. They are actually in the process of remodeling but it should look even nicer than what it already did. Right behind CM is a beach too but I can't remember what the name of it was and there is a little shopping center in this same building with a Subways and Swim wear shop, cell phone shop, small Pharmacy and a nice restaurant. A few other shops too.

I also just found out recently that I have a friend who owns a condo there in Margarita. Its real pretty and they have a beautiful pool. It just depends ... her condo would offer more of a private home like feel and its a two bedroom two bath, security gated community and its close to a whole another shopping area with Plaza AB that is huge with dentist, Domino's Pizza and a new Farmatodo which is like a brand new Eckerds Pharmacy. Anyways either way you wish to go to is so nice. When we have come we've stayed for long periods of time.

They also have a labyrinth which I had never been too which was fun for our kids and a bit of animals to see there too on the island. I hope you do go and really like it there ...I know we do everytime we go.

good luck and best wishes...

Denise

Marathon. Ontario...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Village Porlamar

Hi Denise,

Thanks so much for the information it was great to hear it was so good. We are going the second week of April and really looking forward to it. In the resort itself was the food good? You seemed to enjoy the rooms so that is a bonus in itself. I would enjoy the Condo the only problem with that is i would like to be waited on for a change instead of having to worry about getting groceries and cooking it. But thanks for the suggestion. If you think of anything else that will make the trip better please let me know. Take care and hope to hear from you again about the food situation and anything else you can think of. I have been other places but never to Margarita Islands so it is great to hear all the in's and outs. Thanks

Trudy Larocque

orangeville, On
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: International Village Porlamar

I am going either Jan 5 or 12th to this resort. I will let you know my review when I return. Its very hot there at the moment and weather is usually guaranteed at least 6 hrs of sun a day. YES..

Michelle

orangeville, On
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: International Village Porlamar

I am going either Jan 5 or 12th to this resort. I will let you know my review when I return. Its very hot there at the moment and weather is usually guaranteed at least 6 hrs of sun a day. YES..

Michelle

Marathon. Ontario...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: International Village Porlamar

Dear Michelle,

Thanks so much and i am really looking forward to some information on the resort, food, rooms etc. Have a great time and i hope to hear from you when you return. Keep smiling and suck up that sun i know i will. Trudy

Marathon. Ontario...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: International Village Porlamar

Michelle

It is almost time for you to leave have a great trip and hope to hear all about it when you get back. Happy New Year and have lots of fun. I am interested in all aspects of the resort food, rooms and etc. Take care

Trudy

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: International Village Porlamar

I am going there for 2 weeks on the 19th. I have found it difficult to find much information also. One useful site I found was margaritaislandguide.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.h… people do respond to messages on that board.

I'm not expecting much from the hotel, it was a great deal. As long as it's clean and the food is somewhat edible I'll be happy. Hopefully there is some organized v-ball and a place to rent a scooter for a reasonable price.

I'm also contemplating a side-trip to Angel falls and a some diving.

Any info would be appreciated.

TIA

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: International Village Porlamar

I am looking into this as well.

I'm mostly choosing betwen Laguna Mar, Flamencos Villas and Pueblo Caribe (most likely PC, nice BIG waves, small resort, shuttles to night life. It has so so reviews, but Im not too worried because some of those people don't seem to know what they're talking about! LOL)...anyways

Apparently it is 'near' to La Caracola Beach Area, and another site claims its near Bella Vista Beach, and one other near Playa Agua. I'm not sure if anyone knows!

Heres some travel sites that w/ info on the resort, NO reviews!

www.sunquest.ca/destinations/hotelinfo.asp… http://www.tripcentral.ca tuisla.com/en/margaritainternat_village__des…

http://www.tourcaribe.com/village.html porlamar.com/english/html/margarita_internat…

Thats just a few I found that had anything resonable on it. Theres some pictures if you go on Google 'images'.

If any one has anything to say about Pueblo Caribe, Laguna Mar or Flamencos Villas, let me know...

Get answers to your questions about Porlamar