We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna de miel en MI, good lodging options?

Maracay, Venezuela
4 posts
Save Topic
Luna de miel en MI, good lodging options?

Hey guys, first of what will probably be a few questions.

I'm getting married in April in Maracay (Venezuela), and we're strongly considering MI for the bulk of the honeymoon because of the current prices. Neither of us are "loaded", I make enough to get by. At MI prices, we can afford to extend the honeymoon for a few weeks and not stay in super cheap hotels.

About us:

Me --> American, moving to Venezuela in April. I am a moderately experienced traveler (passport ~1/2 full) who is never afraid to get off the path. I'm comfortable riding the bus in Maracay alone (during the day), and am quite familiar with how things work in Venezuela. Although I enjoy a pretty beach, I get bored of that after a day and go off in search of local culture and something new. I am a bit of a foodie and love good food.

My fiance --> Born and raised in Venezuela, never been outside of the country, never really traveled much inside the country. "hum drum and normal" for me will probably be new and exciting to her.

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN LODGING OPTIONS:

(no need to convert to dollars, our finances are in bolivars)

A general feeling of PRIVACY is very very important.

I have thought about a posada, and much prefer the uniqueness of a posada, BUT honestly, the biggest problem with a posada is that it is more personal. I think my wife will prefer the anonymity of a hotel.

We have no interest in cooking while we're there.

Easy access to food is a must. My fiance has a very finicky stomach, and when she gets hungry, she NEEDS to eat. I figure some meals will be normal meals, and some will be high end dining.

Hotel budget - I would love to find something in the 700-1400bsf range, not inclusive.

I would welcome your thoughts on INCLUSIVE vs. NON INCLUSIVE places.

Fast access to mediocre food seems a plus, except that we will probably prefer to eat out most days except the few in which we're too lazy to leave (maybe leftovers in the fridge is the best option there).

Base room quality seems a little higher on the non-inclusive options.

I've never stayed at a "resort" before, so I can't say definitively that we wouldn't use the shows and activities... but really that doesn't sound very appealing right now.

A nice shower and plenty of hot water is highly desired (the one thing I do miss while living on the mainland, lol), and we would really like to have a bathtub of some variety if possible (may not be without going the posada route).

Whew... that ended up being pretty long! Thanks for reading, looking forward to putting something together!

1. Re: Luna de miel en MI, good lodging options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island