We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Dunes Now!

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
At the Dunes Now!

Got here on her Feb 6th so far everything is great! Any questions you want answered while I am here, I would be happy to answer or find out.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: At the Dunes Now!

41 degrees????

Have been on Margarita for 25 years and have yet to see those kind of temps!!!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: At the Dunes Now!

It's amazing how hot the direct sun can feel on your skin when you are only 11º above the equator even though the actual temperature may not be all that high.

Also people tend to exaggerate here telling you what they think you want to hear.

Even in Florida the sun does not feel as strong as it does here.

Every one use lots of sun protection.

After 25 years here I've had my share of skin problems..

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Check this link PlayElAgua

www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/vexx0038

Humidex of 37 at 10 am cant imagine it wont hit 40 C by noon.

Actual temp is 27 but feels like tem (humidex) of 37 this is Porlamar but not that far away from me.

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: At the Dunes Now!

infor postamargarita. I said Humidex of 41 c in canada thats what we call the feels like temp. Check out this link the weather network says it feels like 37 c at 10 am. They are the experts where I come from.

www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/vexx0038

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Bear,

Using a Humidex reading is misleading & inaccurate here.

Especially here in Playa El Agua where we have constant onshore breezes that make life very comfortable.

Someone from outside Venezuela reading your comment would not have an accurate picture of what Margarita in February is like. 28ºC (82ºF) with an onshore breeze is not nor does it feel like 41ºC which is 106ºF.

That's just crazy.

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Well I'm from Canada and it feels every bit of 106 to me! as did it to the two people with heat stroke yesterday, thats why I specified 41 with Humidex not misleading at all, just came from the beach and it fells like every bit of 106 to me. Maybe differnt where you are though, im no expert just my and the weather networks opinion!

17. Re: At the Dunes Now!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island