We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do near Dunes/Cab safety

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do near Dunes/Cab safety

Hi everyone!

We had to change our resort last minute from Sunsol to Dunes.

I read that Dunes is quite far from everything, is this true? Because we really want to explore the island.

Is it easy to get to towns, flea markets, beaches?

We DO plan on doing the jeep tour and the catamaran trip to an island, but we'd just like to know all of our options. Although some days spent all day at the resort will be fine, we'd prefer not to spend all of our time there!

Also, we are in our mid 20's and would like to experience some night life, is this safe as long as we take a cab back?

How do you know what cab is safe?

Courtice, Ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do near Dunes/Cab safety

I just came back from Dunes on Wednesday night. It's true there is not much around the resort. We took a cab to Juan Griego which is the nearest town and was approx. $8 each way. Not much to see there though in my opinion. Your best bet is Marcos Tours. He organized 3 excursions for us, snorkelling which was great, Coche Island and we did a tour of the island with him for a day which was great. He offers the best prices, his english is really good, he is friendly and very honest.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do near Dunes/Cab safety

If you like snorkelling, I recommend the day trip to Los Frailes Island. It cost us $39 per person for that one with Magic Tours, well worth it IMO.

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do near Dunes/Cab safety

The registered cabs are very safe, agree on the price before you get in. Don't use the unregistered cabs they dont have a regestration sticker and maynot be safe.

4. Re: Things to do near Dunes/Cab safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island