We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Which Beqa Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Which would you prefer? We a looking to do some diving and want to relax on a nice beach. We will be there at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb 07. Thanks

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Lisa1224,

One big difference between the resorts is Lalati only has 7 bures, while Beqa Lagoon Resort has many. You could be at Lalati with only a few other people. I loved both resorts. Lalati had 3 couples when I was there. It felt like you were part of the family. Everyone got to know each other, we planned happy hours together, games at night. The food at Lalati is great. I had an amazing chicken burrito that they used roti insted of a taco shell. I also had an awesome filet of beef from New Zealand. The chocolate cake is wonderful. The spa is very nice.

Beqa Lagoon resort was fun also. There were more people so I did not meet as many, but we found a few friends and had a ton of fun. They have a singer that plays at night that is good, but funny also, kept me in stiches most of the time. The new pool they built is great. The bures are decorated in more of an indian style but are very large.

Both resorts are great for diving. You will not go wrong at either resort.

katt

Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Does one have a nicer beach than the other? Will we see the turquoise blue water in the Beqa area?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Lisa1224,

Beqa Lagoon probably has a better beach in front of the resort. Lalati's beach is small, but it is longer. You will definately see blue water and white sand at either resort.

katt

Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Thanks for the quick reply. I is so hard to pick a resort, there are too many to choose from.

Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

So it sounds like you prefer Lalati? Is the diving just as good at both resorts? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for the help!!!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beqa Lagoon Resort or Lalati?

Lisa1224,

I do like Lalati, it was like staying with family. These two resorts are within a 10 minute boat ride. They would go to some of the same diving spots.

katt