We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Island: A Good Holiday Trip

Bethlehem, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Easter Island: A Good Holiday Trip

Hello everybody,

I'm wondering if Easter Island is a nice trip for a younger couple around the Christmas holiday. We're looking to see exotic sites, go diving and just see things that we haven't seen before. Would you recommend visiting around the December/January timeframe in general?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Take care!!!

Patrick

DFW, Tx
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Island: A Good Holiday Trip

Hi Patrick,

I'd also be interested in this information. I'm going to be there from January 10-12. Maybe we'll see you!

-Paul

Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Island: A Good Holiday Trip

Hi,

You are, in my opinion, picking one of the best times to go!!!

There are 2 great times to visit (in my opinion). The first is during the Tapati Festival (February) and Christmas.

Tapati Festival has surrounding islands arriving to compete in song & dance & craft competitions. Alot of which are held under the stars at night - amazing!!!

During Christmas, the town decorates with colored lights and it is beautiful to look at from the hill at O'tai.

Weatherwise - February is the middle of summer there, so Dec-Feb is quite warm and the waters much more pleasant to swim in.

If you want to visit during these times, then I would suggest buying tickets a.s.a.p., since the Children get out of school just before Christmas (for "summer" break), and they are flown from the mainland - so flights may be taken quickly. Also, they fly back to Santiago after the Tapati festival for the new school year, so once again there may be a struggle to find flights.

In regards to being a young couple, take it from me, this is a wonderful place!!! The people here are kind and welcoming, and the island's theme is "love" as you will find in many polynesian nations like Tahiti, etc. The beaches are quiet and we even had it to ourself a few times - dead romantic!!! Also, the diving is great!!! You can also rent horses and horseback ride on trails together, or rent bicycles and have an intimate picnic!!! We hired a taxi to see sites and it was the best thing! It allowed me & my husband to enjoy the sites & history together without ("crowds" or "rushing"). Our driver took wonderful photos for us too!!!

This trip was not just a dream trip for me - it re-kindeled our relationship and proved to be more than I had dreamed of. So much so, that we will be going back for our 3rd time this year!!!

fozziegirl@excite.com

chili
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Island: A Good Holiday Trip

Hi. My name is Antoine and I live in Easter Island and I can help you if you want because I know a lot of posibilities to enjoy Easter Island for the best price,I��m french and I know RAPA NUI since 1990 and my wife she��s RAPA NUI, ask for her when you arrive in Easter Island, her name is Lolita Tuki Pate, and answer this message to antoinerapanui@entelchile.net

You welcome for more details

Iorana

Antoine

Get answers to your questions about Easter Island