We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much is car rental in EI?

Boston...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
how much is car rental in EI?

I will fly to EI in late December for three days, and probably will need to rent a car for two days.

Does anyone know how much it costs? I need an auto-transimission car. The cheaper the better.

Thank you!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much is car rental in EI?

We found it easy to organise the car hire when we got there. We paid $40 US a day, there was a quote of additional monies for the insurance but then the gentleman who we dealt with in the office declared there was no insurance so we didn't pay for it! We got a 4 x 4, very recommended as the roads are bumpy traveling around the island in parts.

Boston...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how much is car rental in EI?

Thank you! Is it auto-transimission or manual? I was quoted $100 for auto.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much is car rental in EI?

We had manual transmission. There were a few options to hire car from the reception of our hotel to the main street - the price may have well increased. Definately the perfect option to have a hire car on the island!

New England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how much is car rental in EI?

Finding an automatic transmission is very difficult and you'll have to spend more to get it.

I rented an SUV with automatic transmission from Kiakoe in November for $90/day. The owner claimed it was the only automatic transmission vehicle for rent on the island. That is doubtful, but they are very hard to find.

You'll have to decide whether to learn to drive stick or pay a little extra.

easter island
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: how much is car rental in EI?

The lower price is US$60 in Manavai Hotel. More informations go to http://www.hotelmanavai.cl .Regards