We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 or 10 days at Easter Island

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
7 or 10 days at Easter Island

Do you all recommend 7 or 10 days for our Easter Island visit? We'll be there in Feb. for the festival and have bookings for 10 days. Now we're questioning whether to stay that long or limit our stay to 7 days and take advantage of the extra 3 days exploring the Chilean lake area. We're going to Argentina for 10 days after Chile. Know some folks have addressed this issue, but wanted to ask for specific comments re our itinerary. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 or 10 days at Easter Island

We just got back from chile and easter island.......We were only in easter island for 4 days....I think 7 would be just perfect.....if you are flying to the lake district, it is no big deal, but a bus takes 12 hours to get there, so you would then definatly want to take the 3 days in the lake district.

We stayed in Puerto Varas for 3 days at the Licaryan....(70US a night) It was reallly nice. It is a beautiful town and there are a lot of little day trips you can do from there.

It might be nice to spend 3 days in Chile, just to add to your trip a litle. I found Chile and Argentina to be really different, so it can give your trip a little more variety.

Pacific Northwest...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 or 10 days at Easter Island

Hello Mitzvah,

I visited Rapa Nui this February for 12 days during the Tapati Festival. With all the festival activities both during the daytime and at night I was never once at a loss for something to do. I went on two half-day and one full-day tours and there were still areas of the island I did not see! Bear in mind, also, that many of the events are governed by the weather and this year the Grand Parade on the last day of the festival was rain-delayed for 2 days. Rain also interfered with the evening contests on their outdoor stage, thus delaying these events. The residents said that the weather was unusually wet for that time of year.....certainly not the norm. (Isn't that often true worldwide?)

It's a trip of a lifetime so I would advise staying as long as possible. In my e-mails to family, friends etc. I wrote that I was "living my dream" - I hope you do too!

Tilly

3. Re: 7 or 10 days at Easter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, September 12, 2009