We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

Toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

The owner of this place has no shame. I was there for a long weekend driving around looking for a place to stay. Owner of another hotel mentioned that he has a room that just got cancelled. So we called Tony, he confirmed that he has a room and we agreed that we'll see each other in two minutes.

When I got there through all the traffic, he said that room is already rented and that is "HOW THE BUSINESS IS DONE!." Personally I will never stay in that hotel, none of my friends will stay, and none of my family will stay.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

Would not be surprise if who he did rent the room to paid more than you two agree on also.

That is how it goes sometimes, money comes first. Besides how did he know you really would show up ? But I can understand that some owners would have waited for you, hope the next trip, things go better for you.

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

I mean 5 minutes wait is not that long of wait. I agree that money comes first, but if I am getting told that I worry about money more than about the customers in my face something is wrong with that picture.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

sorry you were stressed. Wasaga Beach is a prime destination in the summer. Next time pre book. You were lucky there were any rooms available.

Although you won't see it this way...Wasaga business people have about 8 weeks to make money out of 52. So this guy grabbed a sure thing. Many people phone and never show up.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,633 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

Hi;

After reading the reviews, I'm not surprised at the way you were treated.

WOW !

Best Regards

5. Re: Awfull treatment at Villa Nova Wasaga Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Wasaga Beach