We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding a place in barmouth please

Which Barmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
2 posts
Save Topic
Help finding a place in barmouth please

Hi,

I havent been to Barmouth for a few years now, but im planning to go in august with my two young boys.

I used to go to a place everytime i visited Barmouth, but i can seam to find it anywhere on the internet. It dosnt help with me not knowing the correct spelling.

It sounds like capasalom.

My memory of getting there is quite good so i will describe the where abouts...

You come out of Barmouth town and head for Shell island (beach) the turning to shell island is on your left, straight after that, on the right is the turning for 'capasalom' there used to be a big red phone box on the corner.

You go up that road for about 1 mile or so, and as it bends around to the left theres a gate on the oposite side of the road. you drive through the gate over some cattel grids and drive up through the mountain/hill on a dirt road for about another mile and then you take a slip road off to the right and drive down to a carpark.

Theres a small pool just away from the carpark and if you follow the streem it takes you to a couple of small water falls.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Thankyou for looking and i hope to hear from someone soon.

Also i would like to know the name of the caravan park thats just after sunnysands, you have to go over the train tracks to get to it, the caravan park is on the right hand side and if you dont take that turning it takes you to a carpark right next to the beach, well you have to walk over some woooden planks that make a path way.

London, United...
Level Contributor
513 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding a place in barmouth please

Do you mean Capel Salem?

2. Re: Help finding a place in barmouth please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Barmouth
More Barmouth Topics