We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harris

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Harris

Would love some info on things to see and do ,travelling over from Skye staying in Harris onto Lewis for a night then Stornaway for 2 nights ,we have a camper van but would like to stay in dedicated camp site one night[ for charging power Etc] then wild camp the next also looking for hotel/BB accommodation in Stornaway for last night would be grateful for any local knowledge as this is our first visit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harris

What time of year ? The most beautiful beaches I have ever seen were just a few miles up the coastal road from Leverburgh surrounded by spectacular scenery. Perfect for a campervan..not sure about power hook-ups. People ooh and aaahh at my pictures, saying it looks like the Carribbean with green and turquoise waters. Total heaven. I was the only soul there early May but I know it is packed on warmer weekends and from June onward.

Cheers!

Sunny

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harris

If you want more details just let me know

Sunny

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harris

Thanks for your reply,we are going beginning of June ,we can do couple of nights without power hookup so should be fine ,it looks stunning .

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harris

http://www.cabarfeidh-hotel.co.uk/

This is where I stay in Stornoway, if I can get a booking, when I'm working on the island. Not much to look at from the outside, but they have reasonable rooms and rates. The food in the restaurant is very good and the kippers at breakfast are a big favourite.

A short walk into town down the hill at the roundabout outside.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harris

Thanks will look it up.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harris

Don't worry - the famously stunning beaches on Harris are so big they are never 'packed'! As well as the beaches of South Harris mentioned above, I recommend the long and very scenic road from Tarbert to Hushinish on the west coast. You could wild camp there too - just be discreet, park away from habitation, and be responsible about waste disposal etc.

Have a great trip!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harris

Isn't camping 'wild' in a campervan a bit of a contradiction?

:-) :-): -)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harris

Thanks , sounds amazing

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harris

Yeah , whatever !!!!!!!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harris

Some excellent bed and breakfast places in Stornoway..have a wee look at the reviews.

Harris has a great campsite at Horagabost... Treat yourselves to the BEST takeaway/delivery service in Harris at Croft 36 Northton..fabulous food

Get answers to your questions about Isle of Harris
More Isle of Harris Topics