We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on accommodation

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on accommodation

hello. i am taking advantage of an opportunity to travel to Scotland in Oct with my brother and sister in law. She is from glasgow but hasn't been back since she moved to USA 30 years ago. they are planning a couple of days at the amhuinnsuidhe castle. I am not sure i can afford that but can't tell if there's any options in a reasonable distance. They will have a rental car but I would not. I don't mind giving them a few days privacy and exploring a bit on my own - but need some suggestion on where I might stay. Any suggestions appreciated.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on accommodation

http://www.rodelhotel.co.uk/

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on accommodation

I would advise staying centrally in or around Tarbert, take a look at accommodation on http://www.scotland-info.co.uk/harris.htm. Bus Terminal in Tarbert gives you option of 9:30am bus travelling up to Lewis to see Clannish Stones, as well as travelling South to Harris' famous beaches and the stunning St. Clements Church in Rodel (resting place of 3rd Chief of Clan MacLeod). There is also cycle hire in Tarbert and you can see a lot of Harris by bike. Rodel hotel btw is lovely and right next to St. Clements, with bicycle Rodel can also make a good base, with Rodel's proximity to Leverburgh Ferry Terminal one of good option is use it for a day trip to North Uist.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on accommodation

Thanks - those are excellent options.

Willenhall, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on accommodation

Have a look at Mol Ban,3 Urgha,between Tarbert and Scalpay,Harris,HS3,details are on line.

Matt

Scalpay
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on accommodation

Hi,

Would recommend Pairc an t- srath. Lovely accomodation. Fabulous food. On the Westside of Harrsi, so glorious sunsets. On the bus route. You can't go wrong.

Enjoy yourself, hope you have a lovely holiday.

6. Re: Need advice on accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, January 09, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Harris
More Isle of Harris Topics