We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

Dubai
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

We are a family of 4, looking to rent a luxury house for a week in July/August. Must have 3 beds or more. Prefer great loch/water views. House must be 5 star quality. We hope to stay 10 miles or less to Ullapool.

Please please help and make any suggestions of houses you can recommend. Thank you.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

I Love this house - not on the sea or loch but the views from the house are staggering and it has loads to see and do nearby in Grantown on Spey ( 5 miles)and Aviemore(20 miles)My brother stayed here one Christmas and although I live close by I would love to rent it for a holiday - even just for a week. Summer BBQs on the patio with that amazing view would be very special indeed.

http://www.lhhscotland.com/property?id=275L

You may also find there are fewer midgies than on the west coast or near a loch!

regards again

Woody x

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,776 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

Hi!

How about Gairloch? It is only 1hr15 drive from Ullapool, and also well situated for day trips to Durness/Kyle.

There are plenty of cottages and holiday houses in and around Gairloch, and there is oodles to keep the whole family amused.

Gorgeous sandy beaches, pony trekking centre, Golf course, pitch and putt, Heritage museum, seabird trips, whale watching trips, inverewe gardens, Poolewe Swimming pool, paint your own pottery work shop, and plenty more. Also weekly craft and local produce market and regular family friendly ceilidhs throughout the summer.

It has all the coastal rugged scenery you can shake a stick at, too!

Abs :)

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

That's a great house Woody but it's way outside the OPs budget of £1400.

I found a few 5* houses with their own indoor pools and games rooms but VERY expensive.

(I also rent occasionally from LHH and have had no problems)

Edited: 5:32 pm, January 27, 2012
Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

yeah I know - I was just indulging myself!!

W x

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

*wonders idly what the most expensive holiday rental in Scotland is?*

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

Maybe on the Cottages and Castles website ?

or

http://www.georgegoldsmith.com/

LOVE this website - look at it and dream....now where did I put that lottery ticket???

;-)))

Dubai
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

Wow thanks for all the help.... I am busy looking at all my new options.

I absolutely adore the properties on the LHHscotland website...the only thing is their locations, I think I may change my mind about sticking around Ullapool.

Thanks

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

The swimming pool in Ullapool is now fully refurbished and open to the public, along with various activities for children which are held at Lochbroom Leisure centre. Gret for kids on a 'wet' day!

http://www.lochbroomleisure.co.uk/

Ullapool is a great base for exploring the area.

19. Re: 5 star cottage needed for rent in Ullapool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, July 01, 2017