We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car or Taxi service?

Which Maho hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christiansted...
1 post
Save Topic
Rental Car or Taxi service?

Hey everyone ill be staying at sonesta maho with two of my friends and i would like to know if its best (cheaper) to take a taxi or rent a car. I will be staying at maho for 6 days. Im 24 years old and i understand some rental companies dont rent to people below the age of 25 and that some charge additional. We have a budget of $300 USD but dont mind going a little above that if it will be better outcome than using a taxi. We will be out a lot during the night dont know if that will affect taxi fares aswell.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car or Taxi service?

Taxi fares go way up at night. Renting is the way to go. I believe Alain Arnell at AAA will rent under 25. Depending on time of year, cost should be well within your budget.

Easton, Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car or Taxi service?

Arriving SXM airport at 8pm, going to anse marcel. What should we expect for taxi fee?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car or Taxi service?

US$40.00

-------------------

Price is for two (2) passengers, each additional

passenger is $5,- each passenger is allowed one

(1) luggage free, each additional piece of lugage is

$1,-extra.

Additional $5,- for all Mountain Tops

Box and/or bundle is $2,- extra each.

Tariffs are increased by 25% between 22.00hrs (10p.m.)

and 24.00 hrs (midnight) and from 24.00hrs (midnight)

until 06.00hrs (6 a.m.) by 50%.

Children up to ten (10) years old pay half price.

Trelew, Argentina
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car or Taxi service?

¡do not rent a car in PARADISE car rental !!! . when I return the car , they put a charge , u$ 25ºº, because the car was dirty (with sand on the floor), I travel by 50 countries and NEVER had that problem and pay for . The real problem was the treated about me , with people behind the desk that yelled to me . I be afraid that to contrive falsely another charge . I made the complaint to the COPA AIR , because they suggested that terrible company

Carbondale, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car or Taxi service?

Be careful about getting held up when you return car. Some rental agencies will tell that full coverage is not available then want to charge you $$$ when you return car. Renter beware!

6. Re: Rental Car or Taxi service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Maho