We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best things to do in Gairloch.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best things to do in Gairloch.

Hello. I will be spending a couple of day in Gairloch at the end of next week as a part of a work trip. I have some spare time, roughly one day and would like some advice on the best way to use this time to see and do as much as Gairloch has to offer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best things to do in Gairloch.

There are others on this group far more into Gairloch that me, merely an occasional visitor ...

Gairloch has a little museum, and nearby you have Inverewe Gardens. It also has a few local restaurants and cafes, but I'll leave reviews to people who have been to them :-)

Gairloch does great outdoors. Beaches and coastal paths. And as you'll notice on arrival/departure some of Scotland's best scenery round about. AN Teallach to the north, Torridon and Loch Maree to the south and views around the North end of Skye. I'd plan for some walking and see what the weather does.

Here are a few to whet your appetite, from easy upwards ...

walkhighlands.co.uk/torridon/gairloch.shtml

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best things to do in Gairloch.

Thank you for that.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best things to do in Gairloch.

Hi Nick. There is so much to see and do in Gairloch. What are you interested in?

As Derek mentions there is a small heritage museum. Inverewe gardens is in nearby Poolewe and very good if you like plants. World famous, in fact. Then there is Rua Reidh Lighthouse, Red Point sand dunes, the golf course - with views over the loch, Flowerdale Waterfall, pony Trekking. Seabird trips, whale watching trips, sea fishing or creel boating trips. Hiking over moors or mountains, or through stunning woodland in Flowerdale forest, Slattadale or Laide Wood. Mountain walks at Beinn Eighe or Slioch. Enjoy the views across the glorious Loch Maree. Stunning food at Na Mara and The Melvaig Inn.

There are often local events and attractions - listen in to local broadcasting from Two Lochs Radio 106 and 106.6fm (local whats on regularly broadcast during the breakfast and evening show, 0730-0900, 1700-1900), and check out the 'yellow pages' - the Gairloch and District Times.

Enjoy your trip!

Abs :)

Edited: 5:19 am, September 30, 2013
Reply to: best things to do in Gairloch.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gairloch
More Gairloch Topics