We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london to Harwich port

ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
london to Harwich port

I will be taking a cruise from Harwich in late May. I will be flying into London, help !

how do I get to Harwich from either Heathrow or Gatwick.

I have booked The Tower hotel in Harwich for the night prior to the cruise and 2 nights in London post cruise.

There will be two of us travelling.

should we use the Heathrow Express and then taxi to Liverpool station and train to Harwich?

Thanks in advance for any advice

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: london to Harwich port

So when you said in post 13 "when are you arriving......I run a private hire company in NW London and regularly take people to Harwich...Paul.", that was a mistake?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: london to Harwich port

Im equally confused Henneth.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: london to Harwich port

Thank you!

Will you give me the name of the compamy? And the cost?

Really appreciate your help. Cruise transfers are $200+ each!

Portland, Oregon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: london to Harwich port

Yes, Please, post #9 from 2012, could you please forward on the name of the company you used for the transfer that you liked ? Thanks!

Pompano
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: london to Harwich port

My wife and I will be traveling to London Heathrow AP and then on to Harwich port to pick up a cruise ship. We want to go by car - no trains. We'd appreciate the name of the company you used?

Thank you,

Patrick McNamara

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: london to Harwich port

Hello Patrick,

We used a company called BA Transfers. Email address is batransfer.com They were the cheapest at that time. I got quotes from a few companies.

I would certainly recommend them AND I would use them again. The final price paid was 104 pounds 50p and was worth every penny. That was pick up at Heathrow Airport and driven to our Harwich Hotel (The Premier Inn). The driver was waiting outside the customs door, with our name on a sign. He handled all our luggage. The drive was very comfortable. Car was very clean.

If you are arriving in Heathrow a day before your cruise, the cruise line can arrange transfers, but as we were arriving much earlier than that, we had to organise our own transfer. We too, did not want the hassle of going by train, changing trains, etc etc. If I can be of anymore help, please do not hesitate to contact me. Bon Voyage!

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: london to Harwich port

I would love the name of the company. We are cruising in September and need transportation from Heathrow to Harwich.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: london to Harwich port

BA Transfers. batranfer.com is the website.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: london to Harwich port

Thank you so much for the info. I reserved a car and will try to remember to post when we return.

30. Re: london to Harwich port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:02 am, June 19, 2013