We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padstow in October

Which Padstow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Padstow in October

Hello, planning a week in Padstow first week of October, this is the first time we can get away due to work and family pregnancies! Just wanted to ask if there will be enough places open to keep us occupied? I'm a little concerned about people saying lots of places will be shut.. Will Ricks fish n chips be open? And some nice local pubs?

Thanks!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padstow in October

Yes, Padstow will still be alive in October. Pubs cafes shops will all be open. The crowds will have gone, and if the weather is good you will have a brilliant week.

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Padstow in October

Padstow nowadays is busy pretty much year round, just not heaving like the summer.

Some of the worst fish and chips I have had, but the battered scallops were great. Also not great for non meat eaters as they use beef dripping, but do a couple of things in veg oil.

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Padstow in October

Thanks guys, and good tip on the chippy, I'm a veggie! :)

Santa Eulalia del...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Padstow in October

You have picked a great time to visit, when its not jammed full of tourists and children running manically around. Some people find that to be the charm of the place, but walking along the harbour when its quiet and grabbing a pub lunch or a pint in one of the locals is really great.

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Padstow in October

If you want some great fish and chips to eat on the harbourside then I would recommend Chip Ahoy

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Padstow in October

i agree, better [by miles] than walkers fish and chips and less expensive than steins [no suprise] , i like their fishcakes, proper fish in them and nicely seasoned

7. Re: Padstow in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, February 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Padstow