We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

Which Padstow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

Hi

We are staying close to the pub in Trevone for half term and just wondering if there is a local bus to Padstow close by? It would be nice to leave the car at home but with a five year-old it may be too far to walk. Also my daughter loves seafood - mussels in particular. Any reasonably priced child-friendly recommendations would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

Hi

The bus between Newquay and Padstow goes nearby, although I think that's one of the routes affected by the recent fire at the Western Greyhound depot. Probably best ring them and find out how reliable the bus will be that week.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

The buses stop at the top of the hill at Windmill. Don't think they actually go down to Trevone bay. Western Greyhound are getting more and more services running each day but there is still some cancellations and disruption. Check their website daily for the latest. http://www.westerngreyhound.com/index.php

whitby, n yorks
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

I can recommend The Cornish Arms

Churchtown, St Merryn, Padstow, PL28 8ND

Very good food, good with children - great scampi - our company makes it so I,m biased but you won't be disappointed

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

Why is a pub near Padstow buying scampi from Whitby or have I missed something? I thought everyone was trying to serve home produced food.

Mawgan...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

hi,first time I've seen the words great and scampi together,if you love seafood eat Langoustines,Dublin Bay Prawns but sending them to the far east to be processed, covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried is criminal ,that said the Cornish Arms is a good bet ,but go for the mussels,fresh and local .

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

Thanks for all your help :-) x

7. Re: Bus from Trevone to Padstow plus good sea-food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Padstow