We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret padstow

Which Padstow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Secret padstow

Ive read all the guide books, all the threads on here but I want to know the secret inside tips on what to see, eat, where to go...

Anyone got any tips, amazing hidden gems, foods I must try, scallops at rick steins chippie? A view I must see, a place I can take my fish and chips and watch the sun go down?

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret padstow

Hi Henry,

No real secret but: Take your scallops and chips up to the Stile (by the mini golf) and sit on one of the benches. Alternatively: Take a picnic (Stein's Deli or, what we have done before, Doorsteps Sandwiches do picnics-Duke Street) and a bottle of wine or fizzy (from Bin Two or Camel Vineyards) and camp out on one of the beaches. Harlyn Bay, Treyarnon, Trevone or Constantine are very close by and ideal for watching a glorious Cornish sunset. We have done that a couple of times and it was great.

Enjoy and I hope you'll have lots of sunshine-and that your team wins!

Elfin

Carcassonne, France
Level Contributor
190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret padstow

Take a walk up to http://www.prideauxplace.co.uk/ very nice

Essex
Level Contributor
27,031 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret padstow

Do a boat trip on the Jubliee Queen, it really is very good! - and it is another Jubillee year....

http://www.padstowboattrips.com/page9.htm

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret padstow

do anyone know thanks the up to date price on fish and chips and rick stens chippy

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secret padstow

Look at the menus on this link.

www.rickstein.com/Steins-Fish-and-Chips.html

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Secret padstow

The Rocky beach in Trevone is missed by most visitors to Padstow. There's a large natural swimming pool at low tide at the far end o the beach accesses from the coastal path

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secret padstow

Padstow has a small theatre with an amatuer group the Kernow Players putting on shows throughout the year. According to their website they are putting on The Sound of Music this summer with dates in late July and August. The theatre is by the methodist chapel at the back of the old town.Haven't been myself but my wife and daughters have been the last 5 years and have always had an enjoyable evening.

Also as general points, the Chough Bakery has the best pasties( the scones and the saffron buns are also very good, the London Inn best for beer and character(not eaten there though) and the sweet shop opposite the london has a good selection with the fudge being very good.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Secret padstow

London in not as good as it used to be, golden lion further up the street has the edge at the minute,particularly Sunday lunch.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secret padstow

Another vote for The Chough Pasties, we always order a box to pick up on our way home. My tip pick up a picnic, hire a bike and cycle up the camel estuary for a peaceful lunch.

www.padstowcyclehire.com/cameltrail.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secret padstow

the secret to padstow is don't go there in school holidays

padstow is one of my fav places

after all the day-trippers have left or first thing in the morning to go down an buy a paper or just walk the harbour early morning.

i love staying at the metropole a piece of old england

get a good rate and you have a bargain for what you get.

dont pay full whack though.

the scallops at RS are to die for as are the cod nuggets or whatever you call them (think bite size chunks of cod in alight tasty batter not turkey Twizzlers lol)

go to padstow by train to bodmin and use the buses leave the car at home

it can be done!

Edited: 5:43 am, July 13, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Padstow