We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

Which Padstow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neath
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

I'm visiting Padstow from the 28th July and was wondering where are the best places to eat? We like lots of different foods, but I'd like to book somewhere special for the 31st [husband's birthday], he particularly likes Indian food, so if there's a great curry house in or near Padstow, please let me know the name and address, so I can contact them in advance.

We're staying in Roselyn B&B, so if anyone has stayed there would like to know what it's like as well.

Otherwise, anywhere that's a must to visit in the area, besides Eden project?

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

The one obvious special restaurant in Padstow is the one owned and run by celebrity chef Rick Stein. I don't have the details to hand, but I think he has three different levels. Top, middle and takeaway. I'm sure you'll find details on the internet. I have never eaten there, but friends who holiday in Padstow every year rave about all three restaurants.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

Hi,

if you want to do something really special, go to Number 6, next to

Rick steins cafe. It's set up by 4 former employees from Gordon Ramsey and they do an excellent job. Everybody compares all

restaurants to Rick Stein's, appearantly he is the benchmark in padstow. We ate at the Seafood, the Cafe and St. Petrocs, but all are not up to the excellent food and, more importantly, the generous

hospitability of the Number 6.

best Regards,

marjan

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

I'm afraid that an Indian curry house is just about the only cuisine that isn't available in Padstow.

(Can't recall a kebab shop either!).

Margot's restaurant is very good in my opinion.

It's not the most glamorous restaurant you will ever visit, but the food is top notch.

We have been several times and always enjoyed it tremendously.

If you decide to go for it, make sure you book well in advance, as it's usually very busy.

England UK
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

We found a good restaurant in High Street, The Estuary Restaurant. Nice place and not expensive. The food was good and there was plenty of it. Under £20 a head, good selection of wines and you get your table for the night so you are not rushed.

The Mussels were fab and the Bass was to die for!

Well worth a visit, we will certainly be going back on our next visit.

Fisheagle

Blois, France
Destination Expert
for Blois
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

My favourite restaurant is Ripley's in St Merryn (2 miles outside Padstow).

eatoutcornwall.com/cornwall-restaurant/…

Glasgow
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

Imisscornwall - I have been looking at Ripley's restaurant but can't find any details on menu prices. Are you able to give me a rough idea of the cost for lunch and dinner?

Thanks.

England UK
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

Check out - www.eatoutcornwall.com for details of this restaurant and others in the Padstow area.

regards

Fisheagle

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

I can recommend Pescadou - really good food and a lot cheaper than Rick Steins.

Falmouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

Also worth a look is The Harbour Restaurant up in The Metropole, www.the-metropole.co.uk good food and great views out over the estuary

10. Re: Best places to eat in Padstow - July/August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Padstow