We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

watersports and santa maria apartments

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
watersports and santa maria apartments

firstly, can anyone tell me roughly how hot it is here in early may??

also, i have found a relatively good deal staying at the santa maria apartments.... are they in a good location for beach, food, alcohol etc?

Lastly, are there any watersports nearby? i dont mind heading away a little bit, but dont want to spend ages finding them!

thanks for any help :-)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: watersports and santa maria apartments

Hi Psychopathbabble

I guess by how hot here you mean in Tenerife and not in Lowerstoft!!

Sorry about that - it will be in the high 70s to low 80s. I believe these apartments are in Puerto Colon which if you like lots of Brit bars and entertainment they are right on your doorstep. If you are into the clubs then you can walk along to Veronica's Strip and Starco about 5 mins away.

You are right on the beach and lots of trips leave from the port (whale watching etc). You can also waterski, jetski etc down here. Have a look at my 'Inside Page' on what to do in Tenerife - it will give you loads of ideas.

Rgds..M

Birmingham
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: watersports and santa maria apartments

We stayed in Santa Maria 2 years ago. It was nice enough though not much going on if you enjoy hotel entertainment. There is a small bar and also i think they may have a singer on in the evening. Outside there is plenty to do, and it is a 5 min walk to the beach. The hotel is set back off the road up a small slope which meant that there was no noise from the road or the bars out the front.

darwen
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: watersports and santa maria apartments

Hi psychopathbabble your apartments are almost on the beach if you look on http://www.eurosol.com/map_p1.htm it is a map and shows the location of every hotel in the area.

If you walk towards the beach and turn right there are watersports on the beach.

4. Re: watersports and santa maria apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 24, 2009