We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool temperatures

The Cotswolds
5 posts
Save Topic
Pool temperatures

Hello, we are flying out to tenerife on 18th feb. Haven't booked a hotel as trying to work out swimming situation! We are looking at hotels with indoor pools, but the ones in budget have been poorly reviewed vs heated outdoor pools with the hotel jacaranda currently our fron runner? My question is we have a 14 year old who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, she is hardy and loves the water, but following a week of swimming in freezing un-heated pools in turkey in October, we'd like something that feels a little more comfortable! What do people who know the island well think? How warm are the outdoor heated pools? Thank you.

Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,253 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool temperatures

The Jacaranda is a good hotel and in an excellent position as it's only minutes from the beach. It's a big hotel and well spread out so something also to remember is if you have a wheelchair then you might want to request a room near to the entrance. The room we had was a good walk across from the reception area and up stairs. I personally wouldn't want this trek with a wheelchair. We stayed there when it first opened. It also has several pools so we only used the one that was closest to our room which was not the main one. Unfortunately I can't remember what the water temperatures were like but it was June when we visited so we may have appreciated a cooler water temperature.

Having stayed in other hotels more recently and in the winter time I swam in the unheated pool and that was really cold to the point that it make my back ache when I got out. However when I swapped to the heated pool I found that comfortable.

I would just aim for a hotel ensuring that a pool is available that is heated.

2. Re: Pool temperatures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 12, 2015
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now