We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Ireland
3 posts
Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Hi guys

I know there are many people interested in getting married in Nerja and Spain in general. I got married in Nerja almost two months ago and it was absolutely fantastic! I would recommend (for a catholic wedding) getting married in the church in Frigiliana as all our guests were blown away with the village, the church itself and the square outside after the ceremony. We got married at 5pm and had champagne and canapes in the square outside the church afterwards. We organised a spanish guitarist to play outside and he was brilliant - great fun and really livened things up! His name was Patrick Hernon and I would highly recommend him for any party or celebration. His email is gilpatspain@yahoo.co.uk

We then travelled back to Nerja and had our meal in the Toboso hotel. They were excellent - we had about 6 courses and they made a fab wedding cake for us (kind of like cheesecake). The meal went on for 3 hours and there was only 27 of us!! The service was excellent too - I would also recommend them. The terrace is nice for afters and then we went downstairs to the irish pub and had a band playing (the lost fjords) who were very good and had people up dancing the whole night. It was great fun and everyone who came over from ireland loved it and thought it was so different! I got in touch with a girl over there who had helped other people with their weddings - her name is Sonya Casey and she was absolutely fantastic! She is also irish but speaks fluent spanish (essential for the florist, photographer, restaurant etc) and is living over there. She organised the band, flowers, transport to the wedding and also from the airport, the photographer {Paco who was very good but not a word of english so it was v funny on the day trying to organise photos) the DVD (highly recommend getting this done) and lots more besides! I would have been lost without her!! Nerja was fantastic and the day after our wedding was the San Juan festival which was amazing - the highlight of most peoples trip!! We will be back next year for our anniversary! I am off travelling now but if anyone needs to know anything else you could prob email Sonya. Her address is sonya_kc@hotmail.com. If you are thinking of getting married in Nerja - do!! Fr Juan is the priest for Nerja and Frigiliana - he is a lovely man and very accommodating. If you have any other questions please let me know.

dublin
8 posts
1. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Delighted to hear such positive feed-back as I myself am hoping to get married in Frigiliana next September , I hadn't come across your wedding planner but came across another , and we are hiring out a villa and bringing caterers in as we are hoping to have 80-90 there,,,we will also be having a catholic ceremony,,,and that was my inital idea to have a few drinks in teh square before we leave for the villa..I'm really excited now and thanks for such positive feedback

Dublin
14 posts
2. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Also Getting married in Nerja next Sept, looking forward to it, going out there next week to meet with English wedding planner called Kerry, getting married in the Balcon church though, not Frigliana, haven't finalised the reception venue yet.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

I am planning a wedding in Nerja July 2007 and last week met up with our Wedding Planner on a visit to Nerja. Church and venue have been booked, however we are looking for a band suitable for Irish/Scottish guests. Anyone got any suggestions?

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
4. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

I'm another bride hoping to get married around or in Nerja September next year! Seems to be getting hugely popular for English/Irish weddings.

Still in the early stages of planning, but I'd be interested in hearing how things are progressing with everone.

pb.

ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

We are also getting married in Nerja in May next year. Have a planner and I think we also have booked Fr Juan. Has anyone had their reception in Hotel Balcon de Europa? Thats where we are having ours..

-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
6. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Am I missing something here? 4 out of 5 comments from Ireland, all getting married in Nerja next spring/summer.

Is there a reason or common denominator/connection between Ireland and Nerja? Church connection?

Just curious, good luck and best wishes to you all.

Great photo call on The Balcon!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

In response to JC query about the Irish connection and Nerja, it goes back over 35 (thirty five) years when an Irish company started bringing prospective Irish buyers to Nerja for a weekend, staying in The Parador.

The first major development was in Punta Lara, and a considerable number of Irish people bought property there and the rest is history, we have been coming in our thousands ever since.

-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
8. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Interesting - thanks. I wonder how many weddings take place in Nerja for Irish & British non-residents.

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
9. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

The main attraction for me is:

1) Weather;

2) Costs;

3) Can still legally have a church wedding (Catholic);

4) Guests can fly to Malaga from numerous destinations.

And loads of other things besides....

Glasgow
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Wedding in Nerja - feedback

Exactly the same as our thoughts, although Ireland is WONDERFUL, the summer weather is not guaranteed, so hence Nerja is the ideal location, and all our guests will have at least one week's holiday!

Still looking for that band for the wedding reception............ Any suggestions? What are others doing?

Get answers to your questions about Nerja