We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

Hi folks,

We are scheduled to visit Nerja in May with our toddler. We usually stay in Los Pinos villas (near the Parador Hotel). But we've had to change to Las Palmeras near Torrecilla beach to a ground floor apt as our toddler would be too risky on the stairs.

Anyway there is a really good convenience shop (Iranza I thibnk is the name) near Los Pinos

and I'm wondering if there is anything similar in the Torrecilla area. We'd be looking for some english/Irish branded goods (recognisable brands if you know what I mean - Wettabix etc). We love trying new stuff ourselves but need to try and get some recognisable stuff for the little one.

Can anyone help with this?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

There is a small supermarket opposite the Riu Monica hotel, I've never shopped there so don't know the stock. A bit further away is Supersol, on the roundabout by the old bridge as you enter Nerja. This one definitely stocks English type stuff. Also MAS supermarket, opposite the road leading down to Verano Azul park.

birmingham
Level Contributor
738 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

We're at Mediterranean apartments two supermarkets here both well stocked with British goodies. Bigger supermarkets nearby with probably more choice of fresh fruit, veg etc but most stuff available locally and not too badly priced. Weather glorious this week so envious of you coming over, we go home tomorrow :-(

Kate

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

Hi Mary

You will have no problem as even the small local stores tend to stock branded items you will be familiar with.

We stayed in Palmeras last year and it is really well located for everything, with some really good restaurants right on your doorstep. There are two entrances to Palmeras, one at each end of the block and you can use either but which is handiest will depend on where your apartment is located within the block. If you come out the upper door nearer to the Balcon then you can walk through the gap in the buildings opposite onto Calle Castilla Perez and there is a small supermarket more or less in fromt of you, I think it has a sign that says Fruteria above it. They have a good range of groceries, fresh fruit/veg, wine and even have a counter where you can get rolls made up very cheaply, just ask the person on the til.

If you come out the lower door at the beach end of the block then turn left and walk to the end of the street and cross over to Avenida Mediterraneo in the direction of the Riu Monica Hotel, walk along that road for minutes and you will come to two supermarkets called Torrecilla and Jamaica both of which have a good stock of familiar labels and even kerrygold butter. along this stretch there are also some very good value and good quality family restaurants notably Café Jamaica and next door Forja both of which so excellent food.

Also if you go in same direction, just as you cross the road to turn onto avda Mediterraneao there is a small german bakery on the corner called Renee which does amazing bread and cakes and is open til two each day, his multigrain rols are fab.

Another couple of restaurants to look out for are, Stephans which is almost immediately opposite Las Palmeras which has really excellent food and great Mojitos. And further down in the plaza de Cangrejos just above the beach there is a fab restaurant called Maria Bonita that serves a very varied and excellent menu and has very large portions so unless you have a very big appetite 1 course will be adequate.

I could go on forever and probably have bored you senseless at this stage but I know the area like the back of my hand and wouldn`t stay anywhere else in Nerja. Also you will find it very easy to move around with a toddler and pushchair.

If you want any more info just ask.

Edited: 1:42 pm, April 15, 2013
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

I'm really happy after reading your post. We're heading to nerja next august to get married and we are thinking of staying in las Palmeras. Wasn't two sure at start but after reading this I'm definitely sure now. We've have 3 young boys 6 5 3. Is there much to do for them in the evening. Also how is the complex for eatin and drinking around pool. Is this allowed. How did you find the night life.

5. Re: Supermarkets near Torrecilla/Las Palmeras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nerja