We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland In Nerja

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Topic
Iceland In Nerja

Hi everyone

Any news on when this is due to happen? I know their used to be one years ago that "apparently" closed due to lack of business, however with the demographic changing over the last few years to more and more ex pats, including the increase in foreign weddings i think it would be a good business move looking ahead if this trend is set to continue.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CB ",)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland In Nerja

You could always open one CB! ;)

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland In Nerja

Iceland and weddings in the one sentence CB, are you trying to confuse us. Has somebody invited Kerry?

Saludos. Lindsay

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland In Nerja

Oh dear, i hope not Lindsay haha!! :)

No thanks CJB, i couldn't do with all the Galaxy Muffins staring at me all day !!!

CB

Frigiliana
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iceland In Nerja

I remember when Iceland was in Avenida Castilla Perez. It was opposite Bar el Bosque, I think it is now a Herborlaria (sorry, can't spell that). The prices were quite high, but it was when we still had the peseta, I think it went sometime after the Euro came along. I have been to the Iceland shop near the Miramar Centre (Mijas Costa) and it is certainly very good. I emailed the company to ask if they had considered opening a branch east of Malaga. Their response was that they were always looking for suitable sites for expansion - and did I know of any available land!!!! Must admit to be surprised at that response. I have noticed that they now have a link on their website www.overseas.es asking for details of Available Land.So get thinking.

I must admit to be wondering and confused to why the opening post and a response are from Benalmadena and Mijas???!!!??? Why are you bothered??

Edited: 3:17 am, January 29, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iceland In Nerja

<<I must admit to be wondering and confused to why the opening post and a response are from Benalmadena and Mijas???!!!??? Why are you bothered??>>

Who said we were "bothered"?? are we not allowed to be interested in other areas on the CDS??

I am "interested" because i visit Nerja quite often and find the current supermarket selection a bit sparse, hence would definately be keen to see an Iceland there, i would frequent it in a heart beat.

CB

Edited: 5:07 am, January 29, 2013
6. Re: Iceland In Nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:54 am, January 29, 2013
Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iceland In Nerja

There are only a few rumours doing the rounds regarding this subject CB. Until there is something concrete to put into the forum on the matter I felt, as obviously did the other Nerja DE's, that it was best not to make any comment at all, rather than filling the forum with pure conjecture and meaningless banter.

8. Re: Iceland In Nerja

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

9. Re: Iceland In Nerja

10. Re: Iceland In Nerja

Get answers to your questions about Nerja