We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Area of Nerja - Chiminea ?

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on Area of Nerja - Chiminea ?

Hi

Im thinking of booking a villa or apartment in Nerja for 2 weeks in August. I have been looking at a property advertised as being located in the `Chiminea Residential Area` of Nerja. Would anyone know if this is within walking distance of the main beach and old town as i do not want to hire a car and be too isolated.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Area of Nerja - Chiminea ?

About 10-15 minutes walk downhill to Burriana Beach and 25-30 minutes into town centre. An attractive area of Nerja but, sadly, some of the properties there are getting a bit tired looking and past their former glory. Ask to see good interior pictures of the villa you are interested in. Buses can be picked up into town from the main road near Chiminea.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Area of Nerja - Chiminea ?

The walk down to the beach is no problem, it's coming back up the steep hill that is.

There are no restaurants in the Chimenea area, the only bar is El Ancladera which also has a swimming pool open to the public. It used to be great for meals but recently changed hands and is now only drinks.

Taxi to town is about 6 euros.

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Area of Nerja - Chiminea ?

Thanks for your replies. I have decided not to book this villa. After reading other posts about Nerja the area as a whole seems a bit run down?

I think I will try another desination.

Thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Nerja