We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport to Nerja

Dublin
5 posts
Save Topic
Malaga Airport to Nerja

Hi

I've been searching the forum but can't seem to find any posts on the best way to get from Malaga Airport to Nerja. Is there a bus directly from the Airport and if so is there a website you can point me to?

Many Thanks

Dublin
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

It's OK I've found some old posts!

Thanks anyway

Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

For the record ...

No direct bus from the airport to Nerja. Take the shuttle bus from the airport to the main bus station in Málaga. Then catch the coach from Málaga to Nerja.

Timetable available in English at www.alsa.es. Click on Routes & Schedules. Enter Malaga (without an accent on the first A) as the Origin and select Nerja (not Nerja Cuevas) as the Destination. Click on Start Search.

Some services go direct, others go round the houses. To see how many stops there are on a particular service, click on "show" in the itinerary column.

At Málaga bus station, buy your tickets at the office and present them to the driver when boarding.

It is possible to book on line but I wouldn't bother. When we did so and presented the driver with the print-out of our confirmation, he'd clearly never seen one before and didn't know what to do with it!

Dublin
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

Perfect, That's exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks a million

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

I took the bus from Malaga to the airport last week and, due in main to the roadworks associated with the new Metro system that is going through the city, would advise that it is a nightmare at the moment!

The drivers are finding it understandably impossible to keep to any kind of schedule, and you can be in for a long wait at either end of the journey.

This is a particulalrly unpleasant experience at the airport where temperatures in the enclosed bus-stop area, fumes from large numbers of vehicles, and the general crush of people - mostly "armed" with luggage trolleys - makes the whole scenario quite hellish.

If there are a few of you, or you can team up with other city-bound travellers, I would suggest taking a taxi for the foreseeable future.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

Particulalrly?? Sorry about the extra 'l' that has been pointed out to me already ... nice to know that the posts are read so avidly though!!

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

On another forum (not mentioning any names of course) some have been suggesting the idea of people posting their arrival & departure dates & times in order to try & share taxi/car hire.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Also some have been meeting up whilst in Nerja. Again a good idea imo.

If others agree then perhaps a thread could be started?

7. Re: Malaga Airport to Nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nerja