We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Is it an easy trip to make by public bus please?

Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Hi. Its quite easy take the 220 bus from fuengirola bus station to marbella. Get of in marbella central where you see the fountain. Walk across and take the L1 bus from marbella central to puerto banus.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Thanks.

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
442 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

any idea how much a taxi would be please

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,763 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Taxi probably €60 each way. Bus is regular and cheap.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Homejames taxis do a return taxi for 70 euros. They are an english based taxi company in Fuengirola.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

I used Homejames recently. Excellent service. Very reliable.

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
442 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

Do they run a ferry from fuengirola port area to banus - I hear there is a ferry from Marbella but staying in fuengi would be nice to get there direct

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,763 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

There's no ferry to PB from Fuengirola, although you can get the ferry along the coast to Benalmadena Marina if you fancy a trip somewhere different.

To be honest paying for a taxi would be a total waste of money IMO. PB is not what it was and having been there many times over the years it has seen a decline. Yes there are still the beautiful boats in the marina and the very expensive shops but on our last visit all we saw were TOWIE wannabees. Years ago it was the place to sit and people watch and see the people who had money but also had a lot of class and knew how to behave. I certainly think its lost its glamour since the advent of stag and hen parties making it their base.

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
442 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

thanks ceejay

Any tips on nice places to visit in Marbella, (minus the TOWIE's ) shops bars, etc

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,763 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fuengirola to Puerto Banus

The Old Town is lovely, I know some people think its not as authentic as it could be because of the tourists but it is quaint and you can just wander around - be aware that the shops there do close for siesta every day so its a good excuse to sit in Orange Square with a leisurely lunch.

The Paseo has some nice tapas bars and restaurants and there is a lovely park in the centre with a fountain and is a lovely cool place to sit in the heat of the day. There is also another park which sometimes has art exhibitions in it, its a short walk along the paseo and back a couple of streets (I've forgotten the name of it for a minute so will go and check and get back to you.

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola