We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
disabled

is it kind of flat i have walking problems

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled

Yes it is very flat and I don´t know of anywhere that that are no slopes instead of steps etc. The only problem would be if you were staying in Los Boliches and wanted to use the station. There is a slope up to it but it is steep.

Fuengirola is the best resort along the Costa for anyone with walking difficulties.

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled

I'd second that!

There are wheelchair lifts at the train station at the airport and also at Fuengirola station. Wheelchairs and zimmer walkers are available to hire at very cheap rates from Lux Mundi in Fuengirola if required and there are a couple of places to hire mobility scooters (although they always strike me as expensive!).

The comments re Los Boliches station should be noted.

Other than that the resort is great for anyone with walking difficulties.

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,745 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disabled

Yes very flat, but things are a bit spread out, depending what you want to do when you are there. Maybe hire a scooter as said by gusmelv.

Access to beach is excellent.

We use a wheelchair without problem.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disabled

I don´t understand the comment from RochdaleMally. Fuengirola is quite compact and everything you need is very close at hand, closer than in any of the other resorts here. It is a bit ´two centre´so that if you are staying in Los Boliches then it is a kilometre or so to Fuengirola for Fish Alley, the main square and the now very interesting tapas bars behind the Post Office but these are all within minutes of each other. There is even an English language theatre (this week Fawlty Towers is on stage)

You only said walking problems not wheelchair so my answers have been based on that but I think you will find the centre of Fuengirola easy to get around and if you want a suggestion for a hotel I would say the Florida Spa but Las Palmeras, PYR, and the Puerto are all very close to everything in Fuengirola Centre. There are lots of holiday flats in the area too.

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,745 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disabled

Manzana, if you have difficulty walking it's a long way from the Port to the Zoo, for instance.

If you stay in the Pyramides for example its a long way to almost anywhere.

Nothing wrong with your original reply though.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disabled

As one with two very dodgy knee caps, fuengirola is very flat especially as you walk back from the front.

Things are a bit spread out so if distance not a problem, best location

yorkshire
Level Contributor
366 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disabled

Hi please does anyone know if hotel florida is a disabled friendly hotel for my dad who is an amputee and could a wheelchair be delivered and charged at this hotel- many thanks

uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: disabled

staying at the Florida Spa I have noticed that wheelchairs users are often seated at reserved tables which are easily accessible in the dining room. Often see wheelchair users on our visits there.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
366 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disabled

thats brilliant thanks so much i will tell them- im presuming you can charge the scooters up in the lobby? thanks again for taking time out to reply x

yorkshire
Level Contributor
366 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: disabled

Sorry i meant to say a disabled scooter the ones you charge up overnight.

Dad could walk to the dining area and can manage very short distances but needs a scooter for going to shops and along prom

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola