We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

n.ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Does anyone know these apartments , staying there in July , taking the train from Malaga airport to Carvajal.

Having found pictures of Carvajal station and the infamous steps feeling a bit weary now as will have 5 yr old and most likely 2 cases and hand luggage on arrival. Hoping to use the train on various outings such as zoo, waterpark , shopping trip etc .

alanna

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Don't know these apartments, but, if they are on the seafront then do yourself a favour and get off the train at the next station, Torreblanca! You'll have a nice easy stroll downhill to the Paseo (seafront) where you can turn left and at least have a level walk to the apartments! The stairs at Carvajal are killers!

Just looked them up on Google.....OUCH!

If I were you, I'd get off the train in Torreblanca, walk downhill to the Fuengirola Park hotel and get a taxi from there - the apartments "appear" to be up the hill from Carvajal station and that is NOT a walk you want to do with luggage - maybe someone else has a better idea!

Edited: 7:44 am, June 07, 2010
n.ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Thanks for your reply , The apartments are looking down on the station so not sure if we can reach them by going to next stop but will take a look .

Just noticed only read half your reply , thanks for the suggestion and yes it does look quite a hike up to the apartments !!!

alanna

Edited: 7:47 am, June 07, 2010
3. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 10, 2010
Leeds
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Hi Where stopping there in July, who have you booked your apartment through normally someone from the apartment block will meet you at Carvajal station and take you up to your apartment. The train goes every half hour from Malaga Airport to Carvajal (think its on the hour and half hour). it takes about 25 to 30 minutes if i recall. The station will be your central point from Carvajal whether your going to Fuengirola or Benalmadena/Malaga. I think it's about 2 euros on the train each way so make sure you have change when you leave the Airport.

Have you been before?

Jane

Leeds
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Also Try www.carvajal-spain.com

n.ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Hi Jane , Thanks for your reply . Booked through Owners Direct as far as I am aware we can be met at the station . We haven't been to this area before but have been to Torrenueava and took the train from the airport and a taxi from Fuengirola .

One of the reasons we chose these apartments was because we didn't want to hire a car and knew how handy the train would be for travelling to and fro .

Counting down the weeks now , can't wait . Have you been to this area before ?

Alanna

Leeds
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Hi Alanna,

We haven't been to the Carvajal area before but been to Fuengirola and Benalmadena plenty of times and hoping to retire there in the future. We have hired 3 of the Apartment which all look lovely, we also picked this area for the transport plus it in a quieter area but only a sort trip to Fuengirola also its a lovely walk from Carvajal to Fuengirola along the promenade.

Benalmadena is lovely around the harbour and near the station is the cable cars and also an amusement park Tivoli world. The markets are really good also.

When in July are you going, we are the from the 3rd for 10 days, i cannot wait already starting to pack lol.

Jane

n.ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Hi Jane ,

Going last week of July and 1st week of August. last time we went to Spain we were very lazy did no touring just relaxed by the pool for 5 days . I remember seeing Benalmadena from the train . Hoping to see some more areas this time around .

Alanna

Leeds
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

Well have a lovely time if i get chance when i come back will give you an update on the complex. I know last time we went in July (we normally go winter or out of season) it was too hot to do anything, so i'm sure that my central point is round the pool

Jane

n.ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Don Juan Apartments , Carvajal

We were the same it was August when we were in Spain and as you said not much we could do only lounge by the pool . Yes , would be great if you could give us an update on the complex .

Have a great holiday

Alanna

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola