We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

Can anyone tell me where this resort is? All I know is it's close to Fuengirola, near the Euromarket Shopping Center. Also, if anyone has any information on it at all. I believe it is a timeshare, so the info might be minimal. We have an opportunity to come with friends for the 2nd and 3rd week of October. Thanks for any info at all.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

We stayed there January 2004. They do have a shuttle bus to the market; otherwise, you can drive. You certainly can not walk.

It is a timeshare beside a nice golf course. I think it's a nice place, but it is a little isolated in that you can't walk to downtown so renting a car would be nice...to get to the grocery as well as touring. However, we didn't and managed OK. You can sign up for tours at the resort that stop at the corner and go to Morocco (horrible, I have just great memories of traveling through this country as a young person), Ronda, etc.

Don't know if that is the info you want.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

Once you get to Fuengirola, you can take the rapid rail which is cheap and fast into Malaga, Torremolinos and other cities east of Fuengirola. To go to Marbella, you must drive.

If you do take rapid rail, remember to keep your ticket stub to exit.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

Wow, thanks for the quick come-backs. We are definitely planning on renting a car, I guess at the airport in Malaga. When you say a shuttle bus to the market, is that the Euromarket Shopping Center? If so, what kinds of stores does it have? We will either say 2 weeks or maybe even 3, so day trips to Ronda, Granada, Cadiz & Jerez, are definitely in the plans. Also to Gibralter. We've really got no desire to go to Morocco, though. So is this resort technically in Fuengirola but 5 or so miles inland? That was my understanding.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

I would say a few miles inland; therefore, the golf course. Pools, unheated as in the Spanish custom...although could be fine in October but no beach.

5. Re: Heritage Resorts at Matchroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations