We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help With Travel Route

Which Sinaia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Help With Travel Route

Hello,

I could use some help on a travel route. I am flying into Bucharest in Sept and I would like to know the best route to go from Bucharest to Sinaia. I looked on some website and I guess it's a pretty regular thing and should only take about 1.5 hours. The other half of this is I would like to make this a day trip to visit the castle and then move on to The Maramures to see the Merry Cemetery.

In a nutshell this is what I would like to do:

Visit Peles Castle

Go to Maramures and see the Merry Cemetery

Ride the Narrow Gauge Train

Take a train to Kiev so I can visit Chernobyl

The only problem I am having right now is figuring out how to actually get from point A to B. Also, you think this would be possible in about 4.5 days?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help With Travel Route

I doubt it's possible to do all this in a 4.5 days but if you really want to do it, try something like this:

Day 1: Catch a train from Bucharest to Sinaia, visit Peles castle then in the evening take the overnight train o Maramures (Sinaia 19.42 > Viseu de Jos 5.11)

Day 1: Catch a bus from Viseu de Sus to neighboring Viseu de Sus, take a ride on narrow gauge railway (9.00 - 14.30) then in the afternoon go by bus to Sighetu Marmatiei

Day 3: Take an early morning minibus/hitchhike to Sapanta to see the Merry Cemetery then get back to Sighetu Marmatiei, cross the river to Solotvino in Ukraine and try to travel overnight to Kiev (I think there is a bus);

Day 4 Kiev

Edited: 3:40 pm, July 30, 2013
Long Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help With Travel Route

Thanks very much Alterme. I think we are going to try and go the route you suggested. It seems to be the easiest after everything I have seen. In actually it's 5.5 days so I guess that extra time will help! :)

3. Re: Help With Travel Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 02, 2014