We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poiana Stânii or Bucegi Natural Park?

Which Sinaia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Poiana Stânii or Bucegi Natural Park?

Hello!

I want to visit this summer Sinaia and Peles castle.

I saw that near the Sinaia is the nature reserve Poiana Stânii and Bucegi Natural Park. How far they are from each other? Is it possible to go from the Peles castle to the reserve Poiana Stânii on foot? Is it safe for bears?

Is it possible to continue to go up, I want to climb the mountain, even a little, not to the end? I saw on their website http://www.bucegipark.ro/ routes, but I do not understand where they start and whether it is possible to do this without a personal car to get there. Please help me.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Poiana Stânii or Bucegi Natural Park?

Bucegi natural park practically means the whole Bucegi mountains, which start right next to Sinaia.

Poiana Stanii is "in" the Bucegi mountains and can be reached on foot (about one hour walk from Peles castle).

You can continue from Poiana Stanei higher up into the mountains - for instance you can go on to Piatra Arsa chalet, a ~2 hours hike.

Bears do exist in the area, it's better to hike in a group.

Targoviste...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Poiana Stânii or Bucegi Natural Park?

Hi,

I am working at the bucegi mountain resque services, and asa mountain guide. If you need any information about the bucegi when you will be here, please contact me at: geobd11@gmail.com, gebaalpin/facebook.com

3. Re: Poiana Stânii or Bucegi Natural Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, July 07, 2014