We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains/buses on bank holidays

Liverpool
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trains/buses on bank holidays

I am travelling from Amarante to Porto airport on 05/10/2006 which is, i understand, a bank holiday in portugal. Can anyone advise if buses and trains runs regularly on bank holidays and how easy it will be to travel on a bank holiday in portugal.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,343 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains/buses on bank holidays

Buses and trains run to a Sunday/holiday schedule which in many cases (especially local trains and buses) is a lot less frequent than weekdays. I suggest you check carefuly. You can get timetables at www.cp.pt - a quick glance showed gaps of up to 4 hours in the train service on 5 October.

2. Re: Trains/buses on bank holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Amarante
More Amarante Topics