We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

Check out the 2010 festival held in July in Ardmore Co Waterford...i was there last year passing through and found myself staying for the weekend....it was one hell of a party for all the family...and 99.9% free entertainment..going back this year...looking at their website... looks another mighty weekend.... www.ardmorepatternfestival.ie ......if your near this place around 24th july its a must!!!

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

This festival sounds wonderful:)

I visited the web site and read the history of the festival, but I didn't find out what Pattern Sunday was. Could anyone enlighten me?

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

I think you will find it is from the word patron, as in patron saint - a saint who cares for and protects a particular place/ group/ type of work - the saint's day came to be called pattern day for that particular saint.

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

Ah ha... so it must be the Patron Saint St. Declan as in the well?

Ardmore, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

Hi Guys ! Yes the Pattern Festival in Ardmore is moulded around the feast day of St Declan (24th July), the word Pattern is derived from Patron (Patrún as gaeilge) and Declan is the Patron Saint of Ardmore ! For more detailed information on the history of this event please go to www.ardmorepatternfestival.ie !

Claire - Ardmore Pattern Festival Committee 2010 ;o)

5. Re: Ardmore Pattern Festival Ardmore Co Waterford Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 10, 2011