We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roscommon

Which Roscommon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Is. NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Roscommon

Staying with a family in Roscommon Town next week and would like to bring them something nice from the states. Any suggestions?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roscommon

A bottle of something nice from Duty free never goes astray. Always appreciated by the man of the house :-)

Long Is. NY
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roscommon

Thank you so much! That sounds like a good idea as I don't really know them. How's the weather over there?

I am very excited to visit. This will be my first time to see Ireland.

Peace,

bythegardengate

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roscommon

The weather is a mixed bag.Sat and Sun were beautiful today raining again. be prepared for anything. Hope you have a nice visit to Ireland :-)

California USA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Roscommon

I stayed in Roscommon for 3 days when I traveled there in the late 90's. Found it a good connection hub to see other places by public bus from town center including our Lady of Knock Church, the Potato Famine Musuem and other points of interest. On foot, it's an enjoyable walk to Roscommon Castle and Gleeson's is a good place to eat.

My father's family originated out of Roscommon and there is enough to do there to keep you interested. I stayed at O'Hara's in town center.

Arleen from CA

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roscommon

..one of our lesser visited counties!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roscommon

Quite true Suzy, and along with 'lovely' Leitrim and Sligo one of the least commercially exploited where the locals are friendly and the cost of a pint still reasonable.

7. Re: Roscommon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 09, 2009