We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

I am applying for a grant and need to get this info as specifically as possible. I am planning a visit to Dachau from Munich and one from Krakow to Auschwitz. Any details on cost from Munich to Dachau and from Krakow to Auschwitz would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

I take it you mean Dachau Camp memorial, not Dachau town?

In any event, assuming you're going and coming back same day, the MVV all zones ticket certainly works for 11Euro 20.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,648 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

To Dachau (and back) you need only a MVV day ticket for "Munich XXL" which is EUR 7,80 for 1 person (EUR 13,60 for 2-5 persons). It plays no role where you travel to in Dachau. MVV tickets cover all local public transport: regional trains, S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams and buses.

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

Thanks. Where do I get this ticket? At the train station?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,648 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

Ticket machines at train stations, S-Bahn stations, U-Bahn stations, tram stops, bus drivers, MVV customer centers, MVV sales points.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

just to be clear- Dachau Camp requires a bus from the station courtyard. I meant to say that (sorry, abalada)

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

I am planning on doing the walk of remembrance from the train station in Dachau to the camp. Has anyone ever done this?

7. Re: what is the cost of the train and bus from Munich to Dachau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, March 22, 2015