We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing at la garangeoire

Which La Flocelliere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing at la garangeoire

La Garangeoire in September.

Hi there readers,

The campsite at La Croix du Vieux Pont (Berny Riviere) has been good for the last 10 years for swimming (wife) and fishing (me) but things have changed there and I wondered if any carp anglers have fished at La Garangeoire and what luck did they have.

Thanks

Dennis

2 replies to this topic
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
124 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing at la garangeoire

We're going to St Gilles Croix de Vie next week and I have been trying to find a good carp fishing lake nearby. Can you possibly put on the forum any other places you know of as I am desperately trying to organise the men in our group to do their fishing thing and leave the ladies to wander round the shops and drink wine!! Thanks

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing at la garangeoire

The fishing at La Croix du Vieux Pont (Berny Riviere) has changed, and so has the swimming. The main (boating lake) has become a hostile environment where angling etiquette just dosen't apply. There are more anglers than swims available and it can get quite heated at times. The mobile homes next to the lake have an opening in the hedge giving direct access to the lake. This facility is great exept that if you are lucky enough to get this prime position you will have no more right to fish outside your mobile home than anybody else on the site! This has and always will cause resentment and arguments between anglers who vie. for the best and most productive swims. After going there for a number of years I found myself in just such a argument with the people in the mobile home next door who insisted on fishing in my? swim. It spoiled my much looked forward to fishing break and I will not be returning any time soon. In regards to the swimming, my wife used the swimming pool everyday but last year the pool was re-modelled which means that there is now a rough texture on the side of the pool which is very abrasive and will graze the skin if you happen to rub against it. The owners of the site seem to have taken a get as much money as possible from the punters and if they don't like it don't worry there are plenty of others trying to book. Complacency is a killer for any business. R.I.P.

Reply to: Fishing at la garangeoire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Flocelliere