We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help

Prairie Home...
2 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Help

I am working on planning our itinerary for an impromptu family vacation over Memorial Day. We will be coming from mid-Missouri, traveling on Friday and staying until Tuesday morning. I usually do a ton of research before traveling but haven't the time this time around! We have two girls, 11 and 8, and enjoy a variety of activities, indoors and out. Husband wants to see the Passion Play and I'd like some swimming and sun. I'm also looking for a place to stay.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help

It has been cool in Eureka. You should probably check with the hotels to make sure their pools will be open Memorial Day weekend. There is one hotel with an indoor pool - Eureka Holiday Hotel 3010 E Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632 (479) 253-5040. If the outdoor pools are open, I'd feel confident suggesting the Best Westerns. There are two - Inn of the Ozarks and Eureka Inn. They are basic but well run. www.innoftheozarks.com www.eurekabw.com also you might check the Quality Inn qualityinn.com/hotel-eureka_springs-arkansas…

As far as activities for the kids, check out Turpentine Creek Wildlife Reserve www.turpentinecreek.org. There is also a train which takes short excursions www.esnarailway.com.

Pigtail Cart and Golf might be fun also pigtrailkartngolf.com

Corinth, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help

You might also consider staying out on Holiday Island, where they have plenty of rentals overlooking the water. Rentals will gain you access to the islands swimming pools, golf courses, mini-golf, etc. It's a short 20-minutes to Eureka from there. My family will be there over Memorial Day as well. Always so beautiful.

3. Re: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs