We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

My husband and I are going to ES for the first time and we're bringing our two little dogs. We aren't sure how the youngest doggie will behave when we leave hotel room so we thought we'd go with a motel since B&Bs seem too intimate for a potentially whiney dog. Plus, we don't want to stay in the thick of downtown and need a little space to walk dogs.

We know the BWs won't be luxurious, but we would like clean and not ugly. We prefer quiet and need comfy beds because we're a bit spoiled in that regard.

My research makes me lean toward the Inn of the Ozarks because it seems a bit more updated, but it's also the more expensive. Expensive being relative to someplace like the Crescent. We could stay at the Crescent but, again, worried the young dog will get weird and then we'll get stuck far from town. Our thinking is if the youngster freaks my husband and I can take turns walking around town. Do you know which is closer of the two BWs?

A friend suggested the Land of Nod but it looks old and like it might smell like my grandma's closet-no offense, Land of Nod (or grannie).

We could go the cabin routes but don't want to drive to ES since we heard parking is inadequate. Perhaps a pet friendly cabin on a trolley line.

Yikes, I've asked a ton of questions.

P.S. Our dates are May 17-19 (Sat-Mon).

Any insight will be much appreciated.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

very very safe to walk in Eureka. It's just hilly!!! everyone has their fav spot in ES. We are hung up on Local Flavor and just don't try the others. We usually also just walk on up the Main Street of town and listen for musicians. Just past the New Orleans Hotel there was some nice outdoor a couple times on our visits. If not there, you will hear it elsewhere.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

Yes, safe to walk at night as jimjade3 says. It's quite a long, hilly walk from where you're staying to downtown. I've walked a circle from BW down past Emilio's, the Crescent and then onto Spring street, then Main and up the hill to Hwy 62 to complete the loop back to the BW as my morning exercise but wouldn't want to do this for a meal and drinks downtown. It is a rather flat path from there to the Crescent and they have a nice bar on the top floor with an outside terrace and great views but I wouldn't try it beyond there.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

˙ey John, not trying to be rude - but I don't think it is as far as you describe from Inn of the Ozarks downtown. It is just a steep road coming back. I don't think it is more than 10-12 minutes to walk to the historic downtown from the Inn. But like the rest of the town, you just have to plan on hills!

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

I'm not perceiving you as being rude. I was just imagining the walk back from downtown up that hill to the BW Inn of the Ozarks after drinks and dining. Not something I'd want to do.

ny/nj
Level Contributor
127 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

well, Im back, the walk down wasn't bad at all, saw 2 young bucks coming down the hill, we took some sort of shortcut a local recommended to us, the walk to the Crescent from town was rough especially in heat, but had to go and have drinks on balcony, what a view. we wandered around the town for hours, I was disappointed they didn't have all the little antique shops I remembered, have ,been replaced by the boutique stores. Jimjade gotta thank you for mentioning Local Flavor, great food!, felt bad we got there close to closing but waitress was so sweet, Guess what she didn't want us to walk up the hill so it was end of her shift she gave us a ride back to the BW, Wow,I do think Ill be back,by way we drove to Branson didn have time to do anything there it looked kinda hokey, I hear, shows are good, but its not a walking around kind o fplace, were we missing something???, not charming, like hot springs or eureka springs,the ride up was beautiful.my friend has kids so I could see kids liking it ,but weird setup,,thought be like Vegas where u walk to different venues. Nice part of the country,beautiful lakes and mountains,the lake before you get to Branson,is there public beaches, it was so beautiful!!!

16. Re: Do you know anything about the Best Westerns in ES?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 10, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs