I'm visiting Eureka Springs on my way to Bentonville to see the Crystal Bridges Art Museum. I was very excited to find so many really interesting things to see in Eureka Springs! It really sounds like a lovely city, so I decided to spend one night in Eureka Springs and one night in Bentonville.
I need a critique on my itinerary and suggestion for place to stay in Eureka Springs for Friday night. I already booked the 21C Museum Hotel in Bentonville for Saturday night.
Here's what I'm thinking. But please let me know which order might make sense to do these things and if I'm allowing enough time.
1. Friday morning, drive from Memphis to Eureka Springs about 5 hours (any scenic route suggestions?)
2. Check out St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church
3. Walk around historic areas to see architecture and get some food (I know Spring Street applies here, but not sure where else-- ideas?)
4. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge in Ozark Mountains (see afternoon feeding)
5. Spend the night somewhere in Eureka Springs
6. See the Thorncrown Chapel on the way to Bentonville