We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do the first week of March

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Things to do the first week of March

Me and my fiancé will be spending our honeymoon in Eureka Springs the first week of March. Any suggestions for romantic activities? Thanks.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do the first week of March

Everyone's idea of romance is a little different. We spent part of our honeymoon in Eureka and we like just walking around together, stopping in shops, taking a nature hike, having a great dinner for two, staying in a special place. If you need hotel suggestions, there are some people here who will have some good ideas and likewise on restaurants. Here is what I might do:

1. Reserve a really nice place. There are so many in Eureka you can barely go wrong. My first choice would be the Treehouse Cottages. Treehouse Cottages: Eureka Springs Arkansas Lodging

www.treehousecottages.com. My second choice would be the Crescent Cottages. That is not the Crescent Hotel, but some Frank Lloyd Wright inspired large cottages set in the woods but still in the center of town. www.crescentpark-arkansas.com/… There are many, many more mostly all good. Ask for a unit which does not face the meandering old highway through town for quiet and try to find one with a hot tub or wooded view.

2. Take a long walk. Just wander through the historic residential district and down to the commercial areas. The lonelier and trafficless road the better. Study the unusual and historic homes - see a nearly hidden trail leading up or down the steep hillside with steps going up or down? take it! Don't bother where it goes. Don't take a map - you won't get lost and if you do, just ask a friendly face. There are many.

3. Stop in stores even if you don't like shopping. Take a look at locally made art and jewelry. Buy something as a keepsake. Take a look at the interiors and exteriors of the stores you visit. Chamnces are they have been there for over 100 years. Be adventurous. Go in the historic public buildings like the beautiful Carnegie Library.

4. Get some exercise and enjoy the great Arkansas outdoors.Take a nature hike. Locally there is a real nice

wooded city park with a lake, called Lake Leatherwood. It is safe and pretty. The Eureka Springs Parks and Recreation Commission: LAKE ...

www.lakeleatherwoodcitypark.com/‎

Lake Leatherwood City Park is a place of natural serenity encompassing 1600 acres which includes an 85 acre spring-fed lake.

5. Take a day trip. I have several ideas. 1. If you want more nature, drive to Ponca/Boxley for beautiful scenery and maybe an elk sighting. If you like adventure take a canoe trip on the Buffalo River, one of America's most beautiful. Rent canoes and plan your trip through Buffalo River Outdoor Cente in Ponca. Or just take one of their ziplines, or for just a gorgeous and free walk, head to Lost Valley in Boxley particularly if there has been rain and the waterfalls are flowing. Visit the Elk Center and try to spot a herd of Elks. Buffalo Outdoor Center

www.buffaloriver.com

Images for lost valley arkansas - Report images

Ponca Elk Education Center - Arkansas Game and Fish Commission

www.agfc.com/education/Pages/EducationCenterPonca.aspx‎

My next strong suggestion for a day trip is over to Crystal Bridges. Even if you do not like art, you will be blown away with what Sam Walton's baby girl did with four billion of your Walmart dollars!! Awesome is an overused word word but that's what it is...and it's all free. Tip: Check out the nearly hidden library and walk the gorgeous trails. crystalbridges.org

My last suggestion for a day trip would be an adventure. Research the name Coiun Harvey and find your way to the location of the former vacation city of Monte Ne which the Corps of Engineers flooded with Beaver Lake. If the water is a little low, a histpric amphitheater rises out of the lake. A ruin of an old tower from a hotel is nearby. Just a quirly adventure.

6. See some local sights. My favorite is Thorncrown Chapel, which made the cover of Time Magazine and was voted one of America's most beautiful 20th Century Buildings. Images for thorncrown chapel arkansas - Report images. Turpentine Creek is pretty neat if you are into animals. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge - Tiger Rescue Eureka Springs ...

www.turpentinecreek.org

7. Have a great dinner. Research the restaurants on this website. tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g31582-Eureka_Sp…

Everyone has their favs and you can't go wrong. We always make it to Local Flavor in the little courtyard if the weather is good.

You will have a magical time in Eureka.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do the first week of March

Apologize for all the typos in my previous message. It would be "Coin" Harvey who founded Monte Ne etc.

3. Re: Things to do the first week of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs