We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goings on in eureka springs during Thanksgiving

neworleanLa.
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Goings on in eureka springs during Thanksgiving

We are planning to be married Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like this time of year. Does it usually snow? Are all of the cute little shops opened as well? Thanks, Pam From South La.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goings on in eureka springs during Thanksgiving

Regarding the wewather: NW Arkansas showed temperatures averaging in the 20's on Dec 01 2007 and the low 30's on Dec 01 2008, with light snow indicated on both dates. These are from weather stations in nearby towns. Dec 01 2006 was apparently worse. Here is a post from a NW Arkansas resident Nov 30, 2006:

by Karen on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:16 pm

It's 7:30 pm. It's still nothing but sleet/freezing rain where I am, just off Hwy 23 So.

regarding the shops: I have spent Thanksgiving in Eureka. We definitely saw some closures but there were enough shops and restaurants open to keep us busy.

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goings on in eureka springs during Thanksgiving

Usually no snow around Thanksgiving. But as we say in NWArkansas...wait a minute and the weather will change.

Most of the wintry weather(the kind that closes schools) begins late in December and last until late Feb. There can be the surprise snow in March.

Check out the Farmer's Almanac and see what it predicts for this year. Perhaps I'm crazy but I always check its predictions for my big events.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!!

3. Re: Goings on in eureka springs during Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, January 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs