We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mimosa Cottage?

Overland Park , KS
13 posts
Save Topic
Mimosa Cottage?

Has anybody stayed here? If so, is it nice? Is it secluded? How close to downtown?

Thanks,

JAY

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
296 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mimosa Cottage?

If you go to this link

eurekavacation.com/transportation/city.phtm

(that "m" is part of the link)

You can see a map of the downtown area start on south main look for flint st follow the map to steele st, onyx spring is right there, follow steele you will see where it veers off to nut st(enchanted cottages are down that road) stay on steele past nut and mimosa cottage is just on the left side of the road along that st.

As far as secluded imho it isnt as secluded as enchanted cottages(your inital inquiry) and mimosas decor is more victorian,your fridge does have juices and breakfast fixins and the outdoor hot tub is very nice-it is a nice place-as far as traffic along that road I can tell you it is one my dh's favorite drives since he can see lots of deer in that part of town and the east mountain overlook is right up the road from mimosa cottage and people love to stop and take pictures there, you may even see a wedding at this location. So it "may" not be as secluded as you would like?

Mimosa,wildflower and redwood cottages are all 3 right there together on this road. Hopefully someone else will post with some more info for you on the cottage. that map should help you get your bairings of the downtown area. We will be in town next month and can't wait! Hope you find what you are looking for-ES has something for everyone!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mimosa Cottage?

I stayed at Mimosa Sept.'07. Great place. Very clean. Full kitchen. 5 min. walk to center of town. Balcony is very private. I never saw or met owners. You are left alone. Only drawbacks, bed is a 'full', not a king or queen. Also, it's a cell phone dead spot. A short walk up the street and I got AT&T signal back. Mimosa is not secluded but has a private feel. Front porch is 3 feet from street which carries a good bit of traffic in morning and late afternoon. I like waving at tourists, but balcony is always very quiet. I hope to stay there again.

Larry1969, Dallas

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
3. Re: Mimosa Cottage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs