We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows the snow? We need real updates

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Hows the snow? We need real updates

Hi Guys!

Im off to Pas on the 24th Feb, looking at the snow right now, i am a little worried.

Has any one been recently or know any accurate snow reports for the coming weeks.

Staying at the Camelot if anyone has any horror story's, do let me know!!! :o)

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

Today is not next month !!

There are big dumps expected at the end of this week. But a week is a long time, weather wise, in the pyrenees.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

The GrandValira ski area website has daily updated snow reports, and webcams at Pas De La Casa so that you can see what is going on.

www.grandvalira.com/gv/home.aspx…

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

I've just got back, the majority of the runs are open, though conditions of the pistes vary considaerably. Some are superb in the moring, others icy and worn.

It was sunny for the full week that we were there, but conditions can change considerable over the course of a couple of days.

The resort staff work vwery hard to keep the runs open.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

Ed, pity I'm not there now, I sent back absolutely accurate snow reports mostly every night I was there in Jan. vis Tripadvisor

I can't see why others won't do the same. It only takes 5 minutes.

ash321
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

i've been following the link below almost daily! they say there will be 14cm of snow over the next four days, mainly falling on monday in pas de la casa!

j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Andorra/Pas_de_la_Ca…

it's my first time, should be great!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

J2SKI is a very optimistic site. They might predict 10cm where www.snow-forecast.com will only have 2cm.

Anyway predicting more than 2 or 3 days is very hit and miss.

west london
Level Contributor
672 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

hi! edhellaby we are going to hotel christina in pas del la casa on the 17th feb i will try to post some info while i`m out there if i dont get dragged straight to the bars!!

ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

Just got back from Pas on Sunday. Conditions were better than last year and nearly all the runs are open. The runs were hard/icy and in some areas the grass was starting to show through. We had about 1cm on the wednesday night and it did snow again on friday night, not sure how much as I was in bed with the shivers and the cold! I think there was also a freshdump on monday. It's a bit early to predict what it's going to be like on the 24th though! but i'm sure it will be fine!

Glasgow
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

Just got back from a week in pas on Sunday 10th Feb. There was a whole load of snow the first night we arrived which helped the pistes. To get the best of the snow you need to get out before 10 in the morning otherwise it gets a bit chopped up. I would advise having a couple of runs on the main slope in pas in the morning to get warmed up and then start heading over the mountains. The further in you get the better the snow gernerally becomes. Theres a few off piste opportunities but just be careful with the rocks as my board now has a few scratches as a result! All in all the snow is still pretty good but it does get pretty icy towards the end of the day so make the most of the mornings!

10. Re: Hows the snow? We need real updates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 19, 2009